Chart window appears at several place in Expert Lotto. For example, it displays
summary statistics as a bar chart, sequence of statistical properties
for past draws in a line chart or the progress of History sums and
Use toolbar buttons at the top of the chart window to customize the chart appearance:
Some other chart settings are adjustable in Options window.
Zoom - by default each chart shows the whole horizontal axis. You
can zoom any part of the axis by clicking into the chart and dragging
the mouse cursor to the right. To reset the zoom either click this
button or click the chart window and drag the mouse to the left.
- Zoom Out - increases the range of the Y value axis. Use this function when some of the chart points to not fit into chart window.
Range Tool - toggles adjustable chart ranges. There are two
sliders to the right of chart window highlighting a portion of the
vertical axis when toggled on. Use your mouse to move the sliders, hold
down CTRL key to move both sliders at the same time. Alternatively you
can enter chart ranges directly from keyboard into the spinner fields
at the top and at the bottom of the sliders.
The range tool
helps when evaluating how many chart points fall into highlighted area.
In some case the highlighted range is transfered to other parts of the
application. For example ranges from History summary and History
differences charts are available in My Estimates window.
Click the little down arrow next to Range Tool icon to open context menu with additional options:
- Save - stores the current position of chart ranges so they can be restored later on.
- Recall - restores chart ranges into previously saved positions. A tooltip shows when the ranges where stored. Use this feature to compare your chart estimates with actual values when the next winning numbers are drawn.
- Chart Options - opens a drop-down menu with the following options:
Average Value - displays a horizontal line in the chart which denotes the average value.
Median Value - displays a horizontal line in the chart denoting the median value.
Linear Fit - toggles linear fit line in the chart. When this line
points up then it means the chart points have upwards trend, if the
line points down then chart points have decreasing trend.
Moving Average 1 to 3 - shows moving average lines which consists of a
series of average values calculated from several preceding chart
points. The count of points the moving is calculated from is adjustable
in Statistics and History preferences.
- Single Y Scale - when a chart window shows more than one data set
this button can be used to harmonize all chart points to a single Y axis value range. This feature is neccessary for example when comparing Number movement data at various ticket positions.
- Data Points - with this option on the line charts will show little shapes at points corresponding to appropriate draws. Turn this option off to get cleaner look of chart windows, especially when displaying a lot of past draws.
More Y Axis - when a chart window shows more than one data set
this button can be used to toggle the display of additional vertical
- Colors - opens Options window to customize color settings.
You can export any chart window to a JPEG or PNG file - click into the chart window first, then select menu File - Export. You will be prompted for file name the chart picture will be exported to. By default the exported images open automatically in the default application associated with image file types.