If you want to keep in touch with the latest development of Expert Lotto 5 and try new application features before the next official release of our software, you should install and use the development builds of Expert Lotto 5.
The development build of Expert Lotto 5 always has the same set of features as the latest official release that is available on the main downloads page. However it also contains various bug fixes and especially new features that we are currently working on. You can try the new features before they appear in the next official release of Expert Lotto 5. On the other hand you'll be working with application under construction so it is very likely that there will be some bugs. Use the development versions at your own risk.
How to install the development build of Expert Lotto 5
- Download ZIP archive. There are no installers for the development builds.
- Unpack the ZIP archive to any folder on your disk. Do not extract the ZIP to "C:\Program Files" folder!
- Run the development build of Expert Lotto 5 using expertlotto file in bin sub folder. On operating systems other than MS Windows you may have to start Expert Lotto 5 from command line prompt.
- Use your license key to unlock all application features. You can use the same key that you purchased for the official release of Expert Lotto 5. If you don't provide a license key, you can still run the development builds but you will have access to a limit set of features only.
- Once installed, you can check for updates in development builds in the same way as in the official release - click menu Help - Check for updates. If there are any new features or bug fixes for the development builds on our server, the application will download and install them automatically.
- If you wish to uninstall the development build of Expert Lotto 5, simply remove the folder you unpacked the ZIP archive into.
- You can even run the official release of Expert Lotto 5 and the development build at the same time under these conditions:
- Do not open the same lottery in both versions at the same time. It may corrupt your winning numbers database.
- Do not modify saved filters and analyzers in both versions at the same time.
Important: If there are errors when running the development version after any application update, remove the development build folder, download the ZIP archive and extract it again. Never overwrite an existing development folder with new version from downloaded ZIP archive.
If the problems persist and you are using Windows operating system go to folder C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\.expertlotto and remove folder devel. Start the application and activate your license key again.