Number filter for Package tickets.

Number filter for Package tickets.

Postby tom » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:52 pm

I play to win, not for past time and or to satisfy some physiological urge. :shock:
That said, I am very disappointed there is no number filter for the Package tickets. Let me explain in detail.
Suppose you have 4,000 tickets in the package, and I want to filter out all tickets with the number 13, HOW DO YOU DO THAT?

Yes, there is a very complicated filter for the package with numerous attached filters that require a math degree to understand. But in the BASIC SECTION there is only odd/even, low/high, and sum range. But I have found no filter that will delete tickets based on the numbers you do not want.

Please advice as I am not math inclined and may be missing this filter. The filter I referred to is found when you go to package and hit reduce. Thanks :mrgreen:
tom

Re: Number filter for Package tickets.

Postby Falcon » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:56 am

No Math degree required at all - just the need to have a look around.

At the top Command Line select Package; from the menu displayed select Analyze; click on Next and then make the selection of Ticket Numbers and then click on Finish.

All the numbers and their frequency of appearance in you package will now be displayed.

Select the number or numbers you wish to eliminate and upon this selection you will see the filter funnel become highlighted. Click on this funnel button - within the panel now displayed you will see your number identified. At the bottom of the panel select 'At least 0 to 0 in each ticket' and then click the OK button and any ticket containing your number will be removed.

To convince yourself you have just achieved this click on the two circular green arrows and you will get to perform the number analysis again and in this display you will see zero against your selected number.

cheers
Falcon

Postby tdnl46w » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:30 am

Another way in EL. Ctrl + F brings up the filters list. Then select the 'Match Numbers' filter,...in the filter window then select the number 13, match count 1 checked, click Reject button then OK.
tdnl46w

Postby tom » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:19 pm

Falcon wrote:No Math degree required at all - just the need to have a look around.

At the top Command Line select Package; from the menu displayed select Analyze; click on Next and then make the selection of Ticket Numbers and then click on Finish.

All the numbers and their frequency of appearance in you package will now be displayed.

Select the number or numbers you wish to eliminate and upon this selection you will see the filter funnel become highlighted. Click on this funnel button - within the panel now displayed you will see your number identified. At the bottom of the panel select 'At least 0 to 0 in each ticket' and then click the OK button and any ticket containing your number will be removed.

To convince yourself you have just achieved this click on the two circular green arrows and you will get to perform the number analysis again and in this display you will see zero against your selected number.

cheers

Yes it works kind of convoluted, and a bit confusing, as you have to accept, if you click reject you get the number you do not want. BUT IT WORKS thanks.
And if you do not set 0 to 0 then nothing happens.
Well I am learning, as I go. :lol:
tom

Postby tom » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:25 pm

tdnl46w wrote:Another way in EL. Ctrl + F brings up the filters list. Then select the 'Match Numbers' filter,...in the filter window then select the number 13, match count 1 checked, click Reject button then OK.

THANKS this works too. Much simpler . Thanks !!
tom

Postby tom » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:34 pm

I want to share a secret with you guys since you helped me. It concerns the wining numbers history.

The default level is 11, which gives 10 graphs etc to work with, now I found out from experiment that if you increase the levels say to 21 which gives 20 graphs to work with, you get a much smaller number of tickets , than if you worked with level 11, it seems that as you increase the level you get lower numbers of tickets generated with the same set of parameters. This is great for games like POWER BALL.
tom

Postby Falcon » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:24 am

Hi tom,

Perhaps you can help me. ....10 graphs to work with - increase levels to 21 and so you get 20 graphs.

Can I ask which graph it is you are working with that responds with fewer tickets when you raise the level count and why is this unique to Power Ball?

Any advice appreciated

regards

falcon
Falcon

Postby tom » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:12 pm

Falcon wrote:Hi tom,

Perhaps you can help me. ....10 graphs to work with - increase levels to 21 and so you get 20 graphs.

Can I ask which graph it is you are working with that responds with fewer tickets when you raise the level count and why is this unique to Power Ball?

Any advice appreciated

regards

falcon

YOU WORK WITH ALL 20 graphs. Say you you add and subtract 10 from the sums, for 10 graphs, you get 4000 tickets, now if you did the same with 20 graphs you may get 88 tickets.

THIS IS UNIQUE FOR ALL LOTTERIES .
tom

Postby Falcon » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:08 am

Tom

I remain intrigued and still without understanding of the method you are employing.

I presume the graph you are referring to is the chart under the History Summary tab but I see no opportunity there to make a setting of plus or minus 10 points or as you say to the sums.There is no filter control attached to the chart. Or do you also have open the My Estimates table to enter such values?

As before any advice offered appreciated.

falcon
Falcon

Postby tom » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:44 am

Falcon wrote:Tom

I remain intrigued and still without understanding of the method you are employing.

I presume the graph you are referring to is the chart under the History Summary tab but I see no opportunity there to make a setting of plus or minus 10 points or as you say to the sums.There is no filter control attached to the chart. Or do you also have open the My Estimates table to enter such values?

As before any advice offered appreciated.

falcon

I suggest you talk to Stan. It appears you are not familiar with the software, maybe some one else who reads this can enlighten you. I am referring to the procedure you follow called the winning number history, read the manual.
tom

Postby Falcon » Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:16 am

Thanks tom

Your generosity of thought is almost over whelming.

And of course the manual was there for reference when you enquired about a filter for removal of a number from your package.

cheers

falcon
Falcon

Postby tom » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:00 pm

Why not email Stan? And why have you not look at the videos on the site? LOOK AT THE VIDEO TITLED Winning numbers history.

Here :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4NUpen_s14

ANY OTHER QUESTIONS ASK THE PROGRAMMER WHO WROTE IT. :mrgreen:
tom

Return to Anything Else