Predictor

Postby stan » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:26 pm

[quote=PadawanLotto]
[quote=Red Devil]
Stan,

Forgot to mention that those results were obtained using the WN History only. However, if you use the WN Differences for the same period you get different results. I will try and do a spreadsheet covering 20 draws and the results for all predictor types for both history and differences, give me a couple of nights.

Rgds :zzz:

Red Devil
[/quote]

How would you use the trend predictor for the WN Differences? Do you convert them in spreadsheet first? If so how would the trend predictor reconize the negitive value from the positive values?
[/quote]
the predictor can use any numeric values, including negative ones. you can export the differences table directly from expert lotto - go to summary page, select 'show - differences only' and click 'export' button.

btw, differences e.g. "-5" and "-10" mean 'decrease' (the chart goes down) and likewise differences e.g. "-10" and "-3" mean 'increase' (the chart goes up)
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Updating problems

Postby Red Devil » Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:01 pm

Stan,

I have tried to upgrade to build 780 and the winsum plug-in. As a result of this I have lost the trend predictor. I get a message window come up "There were some errors while loading application plugin(s)".

Although the trend predictor is in the Plug-in directory, it is not shown when you go to preferences in the EL drop down menu.

Can I re-install the original EL application and then install the latest versions and plug-ins.

Rgds

Red Devil
Red Devil

Postby Red Devil » Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:04 pm

Stan,

Further to my last mail can you tell me what should be in the EL directories Lib and Plug-ins, having installed to the latest versions and plug-ins.

Red Devil
Red Devil

Postby stan » Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:21 pm

[quote=Red Devil]
I have tried to upgrade to build 780 and the winsum plug-in. As a result of this I have lost the trend predictor. I get a message window come up "There were some errors while loading application plugin(s)".

Although the trend predictor is in the Plug-in directory, it is not shown when you go to preferences in the EL drop down menu.

Can I re-install the original EL application and then install the latest versions and plug-ins.
[/quote]

i've accidentally compiled the plugin using a newer version of java. please download and installed fixed version 1.0.2

http://www.expertlotto.com/files/previe ... 0.2.plugin
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:25 pm

[quote=Red Devil]
Further to my last mail can you tell me what should be in the EL directories Lib and Plug-ins, having installed to the latest versions and plug-ins.
[/quote]

lib:
- expertlotto.jar
- help.jar
- jh.jar

plugins (if you have trend predictor and winsum plugins installed):
- swing-layout-1.0.jar
- trendpredictor.jar
- winsum.jar
(there may be other files as well if you have more plugins insttalled)
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:35 pm

[quote=Red Devil]
[/quote]

btw, it seems you're using java version 1.4. you should upgrade to version 1.5 - you'll get a minor performance boost and the user interface will look a bit better.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Red Devil » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:45 pm

Stan,

Thanks for that I am up and running again, build 780 and the predictor back.

Just to let you know that I have tested the trend predictor as I said, the latest 20 draws from the UK Lotto using WN summary History, then Differences (400 draws) as my source files.

The results were very similar to the results that I posted earlier, the standard deviation "values" and "trend" being the most successful once again between 5 and 8 columns correct. "Column 0" was once again the best but not as good as the 9 out of 10 from my earlier results.

The History only file gave better results than the Differences only file.

I'm off to try some other files with the trend predictor.

Regards

Red Devil
Red Devil

Best Tickets Filter

Postby Maryland » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:44 am

Stan, my best tickets filter doesn't seem to work. Just sits there.
Maryland

Postby stan » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:50 am

[quote=Maryland]
[/quote]

email me your error.log file pls, i'll check what's wrong.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Maryland » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:54 am

Thanks, just sent it.
Maryland

Postby stan » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:00 am

[quote=Maryland]
Thanks, just sent it.
[/quote]

i found the problem, i'll upload a new build today.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:57 pm

[quote=Maryland]
[/quote]

it's fixed in build 783 which is now available for download.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Maryland » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:43 am

Thanks Stan, I have to say Expert Lotto and LDIR are number 1 in support.
Maryland

Recent to past or past to recent

Postby Red Devil » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:21 pm

Stan,

When you export the Summary table from the WN history tab and import it into the trend predictor the most recent draw is at the the bottom of the list but when you import the WN Num Table from the statistics tab the most recent is at the top. Which is correct should the most recent draw be at the top in the trend predictor or the bottom.

BTW, I echo Maryland's comment concerning support to EL users. In the past I have used both LottoHat and Lotwin however their support is either very poor or non-existent, keep up the good work you do.

Rgds

Red Devil :-)
Red Devil

Postby stan » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:32 pm

[quote=Red Devil]
When you export the Summary table from the WN history tab and import it into the trend predictor the most recent draw is at the the bottom of the list but when you import the WN Num Table from the statistics tab the most recent is at the top. Which is correct should the most recent draw be at the top in the trend predictor or the bottom.
[/quote]
the latest draw must be at the bottom in the predictor. there's a switch in the wn stats table options to reverse the order.

BTW, I echo Maryland's comment concerning support to EL users. In the past I have used both LottoHat and Lotwin however their support is either very poor or non-existent, keep up the good work you do.

thanks ;-)
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to BETA versions