Build 945

Postby Jerzy » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:25 pm

Stan,

How can I copy and paste any row from WNH Summary table into WNH Sums filter? Could you explain, please.

Jerzy
Jerzy

Postby Falcon » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:31 pm

2. When copying from the WN History table into the SUM filter the Min SUM Max SUM columns accept the paste and not the principal SUM column which I consider would be the column to paste into.

that doesn't make sense, you're always filtering against data from past draws. so you actually need to paste difference from the sums from the last draw in your winning numbers selection.

Hmmm. My reason for seeking to paste my prediction into the principal SUM column is that one can then use the difference component of this SUM filter ie the difference filter where the Diff in X to Y columns is at most C or D. My approach here would be to progressively reduce the filter difference ranges so that as you narrow down you approach the value of your prediction (as you narrow down you do not wish to approach the values of the last WN History entry) - IMO you just can't use this Diff filter efficiently if you use it in a way where it is associated with the last values of the WN history table.
Falcon

Postby stan » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:29 pm

[quote=Jerzy]
How can I copy and paste any row from WNH Summary table into WNH Sums filter? Could you explain, please.
[/quote]

highlight *one* row in the summary table with your mouse, press ctrl+c, open filter window, click into the table (make sure no cell is in edit mode), press ctrl+v
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:34 pm

[quote=Falcon]
2. When copying from the WN History table into the SUM filter the Min SUM Max SUM columns accept the paste and not the principal SUM column which I consider would be the column to paste into.

that doesn't make sense, you're always filtering against data from past draws. so you actually need to paste difference from the sums from the last draw in your winning numbers selection.

Hmmm. My reason for seeking to paste my prediction into the principal SUM column is that one can then use the difference component of this SUM filter ie the difference filter where the Diff in X to Y columns is at most C or D. My approach here would be to progressively reduce the filter difference ranges so that as you narrow down you approach the value of your prediction (as you narrow down you do not wish to approach the values of the last WN History entry) - IMO you just can't use this Diff filter efficiently if you use it in a way where it is associated with the last values of the WN history table.
[/quote]

i think the new feature does what you were asking for. for example, you've run expert lotto predictor to get future sum values and you want to filter for these values +/- some difference. so you'd highlight the prediction row with your mouse and paste it into the filter window. the pasted values will show as differences from the current sum values in the first tab and as absolute values in the second tab. then just select the min column (in either tab), decrease the value a bit, select the max column, increase the values a bit and run the filter...

or am i missing something?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Falcon » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:32 am

No Stan, You are not missing something, it is me, I am at the wrong end of the horse. I have had limited experience with the differnce part of this SUM filter and so not all that familiar with its operation and thus was trying to get it to function with some plain incorrect process and thinking - as I imagined it ought to work. Apologies if I caused any time waste.

Yes the latest modifications do what I was after and will make the filter process much easier and quicker to perform, but -

I cannot perform a copy from Excel into the filter - I can get some copying but the results are quite wrong (it appears as though there has been an addition instead of a paste or replacement and not all cells are affected). Second the copying of Predicted values from the WN History table is most desirable except I do all my predicting outside of EL and would like to be able to place my own numbers in there some how, thus could these predicted values be user editable or could there be another line where one could enter one's numbers for subsequent copying into the filter.

Thanks

Falcon
Falcon

Postby Jerzy » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:00 am

Thank you, Stan. It works OK.

Jerzy
Jerzy

Postby Falcon » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:31 pm

I have the Excel copy function now working OK although I found it must be the difference values to copy and the format in Excel must be in two adjacent columns. Two lines of data in Excel would not work for me.

thanks
Falcon

Postby PadawanLotto » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:04 pm

Just had a chance to play around with the new updates and I love them all. I was trying to figure out which one I like the best, copy/paste or WN History Differences showing min/max diff per segment range, my two favorite updates. The combinations pass durring filtering is nice too.

Thanks stan, your the greatest.

Padawan
PadawanLotto

Postby Red Devil » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:33 am

Stan,

I agree with Padawan but, would it be better if the Max and Min differences were displayed in the WNH Sums window as well, as this is where they are likely to be used. Just a thought.

Red Devil
Red Devil

Postby stan » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:55 pm

[quote=Red Devil:1200184427]
Stan,

I agree with Padawan but, would it be better if the Max and Min differences were displayed in the WNH Sums window as well, as this is where they are likely to be used. Just a thought.

Red Devil
[/quote]

these min/max diffs are bound to particular segment combinations, so what use would it have there?
i'm planing to add the diffs to segment stats, as padawan suggested though
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:56 pm

[quote=Falcon:1200137471]
I have the Excel copy function now working OK although I found it must be the difference values to copy and the format in Excel must be in two adjacent columns. Two lines of data in Excel would not work for me.

thanks
[/quote]

i'll look at this
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:13 pm

build 970/971 is available for download - no new features in the main library, read more here: http://www.expertlotto.com/en/download/beta.htm#news

the features i promised are coming, stay tuned - my day time job is a bit more demanding these days...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Picsou » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:07 am

Thank's Stan
I download it

cdt
Picsou

Postby Da80th » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:37 am

[quote=stan]
build 970/971 is available for download[/quote]

hi Stan,

I get this error message when click on Calculate Stats:

Error while calculating stastistics data:
Index: 5112, Size 100

It seem on different lotto game get different Index and Size value.

Da80th
Da80th

Postby CSenior » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:03 am

Stan,

I get the same error for the WinSum plugin 1.0.3

Can you upload 1.0.2 or 1.0.1 to keep us going while the error is squashed?

Thanks,
CSenior
CSenior

PreviousNext

Return to BETA versions