Selection and test

Selection and test

Postby fiwip » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:53 pm

Hello,

I just dowloaded EL and discovered that EL is very rich in functions & possibilities.

Nevertheless, can you tell me if for ex EL can do these kind of selection & test:

1/ selection in the last 28 draws of all numbers which came out exactly 4 times;
2/ check on all the database the result on such a selection.

As my english is soso ...
1/ selection would give may be once 4 numbers and the day after 7 numbers and then 3 ...
2/ this procedure is repeated for ex from draw 1000 to 3000 (with each new draw = new selection),

Then we can see the result of the survey.

Thanks for your help,

Fiwip
fiwip

Postby stan » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:04 pm

[quote=fiwip]
Hello,

I just dowloaded EL and discovered that EL is very rich in functions & possibilities.

Nevertheless, can you tell me if for ex EL can do these kind of selection & test:

1/ selection in the last 28 draws of all numbers which came out exactly 4 times;
[/quote]
go to statistics page, choose calculate stats for the last 28 draws, display 'ticket numbers' table, sort it by occurrence and look for rows with value '4' in that column. if you select those rows with your mouse you'll have those numbers highlighted in ticket panels throughout the application.

2/ check on all the database the result on such a selection.

not sure what you mean here. but you can switch to visual winning numbers page, display all draws in the table and then click the highlighted numbers in the ticket panel. the table will show you how many of these numbers each ticket has.

As my english is soso ...
1/ selection would give may be once 4 numbers and the day after 7 numbers and then 3 ...
2/ this procedure is repeated for ex from draw 1000 to 3000 (with each new draw = new selection),

Then we can see the result of the survey.

Thanks for your help,

Fiwip
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

follow up

Postby fiwip » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:21 pm

Thanks for your promt reply.

I try to be more precise & clear.

Is EL capable to apply a "dynamic-selection" in a back testing approach and to return the results ?

Which means :

- ... I think that this kind of selection could work (for ex selection only in the previous 28th draws of numbers which appeared only 4 times or whatever);
- ... then I want to back test this kind of selection on all the database or from this date to this date (so the number will change for each draw and lenght of the selection as well);
- ... finally I can see the results of what I win (or not!) : total number of draws, total number of tickets, for each draw or ticket how many numbers I got ...

Excepted I missed something, What you explained to me is what to do for one draw. But this won't help for a back testing approach.

I hope this is better explained this way !

Thanks for your time,
fiwip

follow up 2

Postby fiwip » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:38 am

Stan,

It would be nice if you or somebody of your team can answer to my last post.

If the answer is obvious, just let me know or tell me what I have to look for in your help files.

Many thanks in advance,
fiwip

Postby stan » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:04 pm

[quote=fiwip:1193152908]
Thanks for your promt reply.

I try to be more precise & clear.

Is EL capable to apply a "dynamic-selection" in a back testing approach and to return the results ?

Which means :

- ... I think that this kind of selection could work (for ex selection only in the previous 28th draws of numbers which appeared only 4 times or whatever);
- ... then I want to back test this kind of selection on all the database or from this date to this date (so the number will change for each draw and lenght of the selection as well);
- ... finally I can see the results of what I win (or not!) : total number of draws, total number of tickets, for each draw or ticket how many numbers I got ...

Excepted I missed something, What you explained to me is what to do for one draw. But this won't help for a back testing approach.

I hope this is better explained this way !

Thanks for your time,
[/quote]

i'm afraid it's still not very clear to me what you're after. most fiters have back-test button where you can check how the filter performed in the past
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to Comments, suggestions, features requests