Trend Predictor

Trend Predictor

Postby Trust » Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:18 pm

Hi Stan!
I have just a little suggestion regarding the trend predictor-
An option to set the row used for prediction,as:"use last line -x
for prediction"That would make backward testing a bit easier-as we
would not need to make and edit a test file for this.
Trust

Postby stan » Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:36 pm

[quote=Trust]
I have just a little suggestion regarding the trend predictor-
An option to set the row used for prediction,as:"use last line -x
for prediction"That would make backward testing a bit easier-as we
would not need to make and edit a test file for this.
[/quote]

ok, will do. i didn't bother polishing the user interface as i'm still not sure whether the predictor is good enough for real use.
but if i get positive feedback i'll integrate it directly into winning numbers stats and wn history tables.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Trust » Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:42 pm

OK-Thank you!
Trust

Postby stan » Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:39 pm

you can download new version of the trend predictor:

http://www.expertlotto.com/files/previe ... 0.1.plugin
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby PadawanLotto » Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:52 pm

I have been testing the Trend Predictor with a 5/39 and a 6/25 using the WN History and I'm finding that it works on about the same level or lower as the History Difference simulator. First off I'm not sure which of the 6 prediction styles to use or go by. The percentages are not much higher than that of the diff simulator on avgerage being around 40% to 60% plus getting such a mixture of results in one prediction Increase, Decrease, Same, and No prediction availible is somewhat confusing. The predictor seems to like increase the best on the lotteries that I'm using for some reason. Most of the time it will hit the increases but most always miss the decreases.

However I do know that when the drawings are in the right conditions the History Diff Simulator works pretty good on it's own. All of the columns that have a 68% or better usually are right on target. I like to start with the higher percentages and work my way down.
PadawanLotto

Postby stan » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:22 pm

[quote=PadawanLotto]
I have been testing the Trend Predictor with a 5/39 and a 6/25 using the WN History and I'm finding that it works on about the same level or lower as the History Difference simulator. First off I'm not sure which of the 6 prediction styles to use or go by. The percentages are not much higher than that of the diff simulator on avgerage being around 40% to 60% plus getting such a mixture of results in one prediction Increase, Decrease, Same, and No prediction availible is somewhat confusing. The predictor seems to like increase the best on the lotteries that I'm using for some reason. Most of the time it will hit the increases but most always miss the decreases.

However I do know that when the drawings are in the right conditions the History Diff Simulator works pretty good on it's own. All of the columns that have a 68% or better usually are right on target. I like to start with the higher percentages and work my way down.
[/quote]

you might be misinterpreting the predictor results. the percentage value in the predictor shows how successful the predictor was when it back-tested itself on the latest xx draws. on the other hand the percentage value in wn history simulation tab shows how many (random) draws cause increase and how many caused decrease. so simulation is statistics for a thousands of (random) draws while prediction is based on matching past patterns with the latest data.

you also need a lot of data for predictor input, about 1000 past draws otherwise there won't be enough patterns to match with and the predictions won't be credible. for example if one pattern matching method shows increase, the other decrease and yet another shows 'same' then there's no point using such a prediction...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to Comments, suggestions, features requests