Any number and Positional numbers as related to draw skips

Any number and Positional numbers as related to draw skips

Postby BrianPA » Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:12 am

I was wondering if this is possible with the expert lotto software.
I'll use my examples as it relates to a 5/39 lottery.

Can you filter according to skips in draws since a number has appearred. for example: Have ANY1, ANY2...up to ANY5 and filter according to draw skips.
ANY1 set at 1-3 (meaning any one of the 5 numbers must have appeared in the last draw up to 3 draws ago.)
ANY2 set at 2-5 (meaning that another of the 5 must have appeared in the draw two to five drawings ago.
and so on till you have the ANY5 set.

And for the positional filters set basically the same way, BUT not setting it to a specific positional # Just how many draws has it been since any number came out in position. Then how many draws since another number came out in position.

Hope I explained it so someone understands what I mean.:-/ If confused let me know and I'll see if I can explain in better detail.
BrianPA

Postby stan » Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:30 am

[quote=BrianPA]
Can you filter according to skips in draws since a number has appearred. for example: Have ANY1, ANY2...up to ANY5 and filter according to draw skips.
ANY1 set at 1-3 (meaning any one of the 5 numbers must have appeared in the last draw up to 3 draws ago.)
ANY2 set at 2-5 (meaning that another of the 5 must have appeared in the draw two to five drawings ago.
[/quote]
you can do that but you must find the numbers for ANYX set manually after each (using e.g. panel coloring) and then use match numbers filter

And for the positional filters set basically the same way, BUT not setting it to a specific positional # Just how many draws has it been since any number came out in position. Then how many draws since another number came out in position.

i'm not sure i understand this correctly. maybe a group filter could do the job here
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:47 am

[quote=stan]
[quote=BrianPA]
[/quote]
you can do that but you must find the numbers for ANYX set manually after each (using e.g. panel coloring) and then use match numbers filter
[/quote]

got a better idea: try match winning numbers filter in the latest beta version. select the last 3 draws in the wn selection panel (the custom selection would be best to create such a template), then tick match 1 number and set min to 1 and max to 5
then filter again and select draws 2 to 5, tick match 1 numbers again and set min to 1 and max to 5

i haven't tried myselft but i think it should work. you can even integrate the individual steps into a compound filter (you must use the custom wn selection then)
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby BrianPA » Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:57 pm

Thank you Stan!!! I will give them both a try. I'm still on the low end of the learning curve with your software. Haven't had much time to play around with it yet, but gonna invest a few hours of my time on it tonight!
BrianPA

Return to Comments, suggestions, features requests