Master Expert Lotto Visually

Master Expert Lotto Visually

Postby winsumloosesum » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:43 pm

Stan,

Having trouble understanding how to use Expert Lotto Pro.

I read the Tutorials and can't get that "aha" moment!!

Any possiblility of creating a Step-by-step turorial using your existing Tutorial(s) examples and adding pics of each screen and instructions as you complete each Tutorial??

Thanks!!

Steve
winsumloosesum

Postby stan » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:11 pm

what exactly do you have problems with? expert lotto has a lot features...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Example 1 - Tutorial

Postby winsumloosesum » Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:24 am

Can you provide screen shots for each step??

Thanks!!

Steve
winsumloosesum

Postby stan » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:58 pm

hmm, it's a lot work to prepare the screen shots so it may take some time...

perhaps other expert lotto users can give you some advice in the meantime
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby maroc » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:55 pm

Hi Winsumloosesum,

What you want to do with EL (except jackpot) that you do not understand?
let us know if we can help you.
maroc

Postby Da80th » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:36 pm

Winsumloosesum

You can tell us what lotto game you play, may be someone playing the same game can share their experiences with you.

Da80th
Da80th

Postby Joe » Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:56 am

Hi

Im playing Playwin Lotto 6/49 in India

Can u all share ur exp with me?

thanks
Joe
Joe

Example 1 - Expert Lotto Help File pdf

Postby winsumloosesum » Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:35 pm

Below are the instructions for example #1

I inserted a couple questions between paragraphs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Example 1 - illustrates the use of Ticket Generator and some basic package operations.

In this example you get to know how many number need to be guessed correctly to have at least the cost of your bet returned.

Example 1

This example applies for Expert Lotto 6/49 demo lottery.

The following definitions will be made: Let A1 and A2 be two sets of numbers,
such that:

A1 = 16,17,19,20,33,40,48,49,32

And

A2 = 13,18,35,38,39,26

Also:

· None of the tickets will contain all six draws taken from one set of numbers only (A1 or A2).

· Triplets of successive numbers are to be excluded.

· The majority of all the possible triplets should be considered (15 numbers can give rise to 455 possible triplets).

Tickets following the above rules can be drawn by:

a) Randomly generating tickets from a pool of 15 numbers, allowing for a maximum overlap in 3 numbers, which can then be swapped for the desired numbers from A1 and A2.

and/or

b) Full package generation with subsequent step-by-step filtering.

Part a):

Approximately 32 tickets will cover about 90% of all triplets from 15 numbers, with a maximum allowed overlap in 3 numbers.

Thus, taking the following steps:

· Select Generator from the Package menu.

• Enter 30 in the field Tickets to generate, and select Tickets numbers range to be from 1 to 15.

Select the Generate tickets with random numbers option and

Select Maximum Overlap to be 3.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Question/Comment: In the next updated version can you make the "Maximum Overlap" drop-down box wider. Can just make out the numbers.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I understand everything up to this point!!!!!

Question!!!! For Paragraph Below

Do I click OK, or can I "Swap Numbers" (A1 and A2) using the Panel of numbers to the right??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Swap generated numbers (1 to 15) for the numbers in A1 and A2, by selecting Swap Numbers from the package drop down menu.

Save the package contents to a file named, say model1a.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question!! For Paragraph Below

When I use "Generator" below am I using the A1 and A2 "Swapped" Numbers or using numbers 1 through 15??

• Return to the Generator and select the Generate maximum possible number of tickets option to generate tickets for all number combinations (5005 tickets) from the proposed 15 numbers.

Save the contents of the resultant package to a file named template15.

Question!! For Paragraph Below

When I use "Generator" below am I using the A1 and A2 "Swapped" Numbers or using numbers 1 through 15??

• Using the Generator again, select the boxes 4, 5 and 6 in the Dummy numbers list (and ensure that the option for Generate maximum possible number of tickets is still selected), thus ensuring tickets will cover all possible triplets (455 tickets).

Save them to file named trips15.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question!! Paragraph Below

· In the Generator, now select boxes 5 and 6 in the Dummy numbers list and create tickets covering all possible quads (1365 tickets).

Save them to a file named, say quads15.

Note: These 4 files will be used for testing how many triplets (or quads) are to be covered by your bet.

This is where I stopped!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

· Load the file model1a back into the package and use the Successive
Numbers filter to remove triplets of successive numbers (if any).

· Switch to the Visual Package page, and click on the numbers from set A1 (or A2) in the table header.

Select boxes ‘0’ and ‘6’ next to the Remove Match inbutton and click on this button.

This way a modified set of tickets will be produced which contains at least 1 and at most 5 numbers from A1 (or A2).

Other box selections can be made to produce different number
combinations.

Save the results back into the file named model1a.

· Now load the template15 file back into the package.

Using the Match Tickets in a File function remove from the file template15 all tickets that match tickets in the model1a file in 4, 5 and 6 numbers.

· Again filter out triplets of successive numbers and also remove tickets with numbers in either of the sets A1 or A2 from the remainder of the package (Visual Package).

· Apply the Shuffle function (from the Package menu) on the tickets remaining in the package, and then use Match Tickets in the Package to remove tickets matching in 4, 5 and 6 numbers.

The contents of the package will be reduced to the non-matching tickets.

• Save the rest of the package to the model1a file with the Append to the end of the file option on.

This procedure should be repeated until the package is empty. Part b):

·Use the Generator to insert tickets for all possible number combinations
(drawn from the full pool of 49) into the package.

· Use the Successive numbers filter to remove triplets of successive numbers.

· Switch to the Visual Package page.

· Click numbers from the set A1 (or A2) in the table header.

Select boxes ‘0’ and ‘6’ next to the Remove Match in button and click on this button.

This way a modified set of tickets is obtained with at least 1 and at most 5 numbers from the set A1 (or A2).

Again, alternative selections of checkboxes can be made for differing number combinations.

· Apply the Shuffle function (from the Package menu) on the rest of the tickets in the package and then use the Match Tickets in the Package filter to remove tickets matching in 4, 5 and 6 numbers.

The contents of the package will be reduced to the non-matching tickets.

· Save the tickets remaining in the package to a file named, say model1b.

· Load the template15 file into the package again.

· Apply the Match Tickets in a File filter to compare the package with the
model1b file and remove tickets matching in 4, 5 and 6 numbers.

· Repeat the Visual Package page procedure and remove from the package
tickets matching set A1 (or A2) in the ‘0’ and ‘6’ number positions.

· Shuffle those that remain in the package, and then apply the Match Tickets in a Package filter once more to remove tickets matching in 4, 5 and 6 numbers.

· Append the rest of the tickets in the package to the end of the model1b file.

· Load the template15 file into the package and repeat the procedure as long as any tickets remain in the package.

The following procedure checks the coverage of triplets and/or quads by your bet either in the model1a file or in the model1b file.

Load either the model1a or the model1b file into the package and use the Match Tickets in a File filter to compare it with the trips15 and quads15 files.

Make sure that the Tag matching tickets option is selected before using the filter.

When the filter is finished load the file you compared with (trips15 or quads15) into the package and use the Tagged Tickets -> Leave (Remove) function to find out how many tickets are covered by your bet.

Usually the bet containing 32 tickets should cover about 95% of all possible triplets and about 45-50% of all possible quads. You can conclude that guessing 4 numbers means about 90% guarantee of winning a 4th prize together with several 5th prizes.

You should be able to easily setup similar procedures depending on your required win guarantees.
winsumloosesum

Postby stan » Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:46 pm

[quote=winsumloosesum]

a) Randomly generating tickets from a pool of 15 numbers, allowing for a maximum overlap in 3 numbers, which can then be swapped for the desired numbers from A1 and A2.

****Question/Comment: In the next updated version can you make the "Maximum Overlap" drop-down box wider??

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[/quote]
will do

Select the Generate tickets with random numbers option and

Select Maximum Overlap to be 3.

I understand everything up to this point.

Question!!!! Paragraph Below

Do I click OK or can I "Swap Numbers" (A1 and A2) using the Panel of number to the right??

click Ok in the generator window then select menu package - swap numbers

you will be generating a new set of combinations

same as above - expert lotto has a concept of 'package' which is a component that holds your current set of combinations. you can save those combinations to a file or load the package contents from a file.

same answers as above, you're always working with the combinations that are currently in the package (in the tall table in the main window)
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to Comments, suggestions, features requests