Width of Line Filter Request

Width of Line Filter Request

Postby Alcymart » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:06 pm

It would be great to have width of line filter. Its a very powerfull filter which I don't see in EL. Here is a description of a width of line filter and it would come with stats in which filtering could be invoked like the other filters.

The Width of Line filter is the difference between the highest and lowest number in the line.
In line: 2, 3, 7, 15, 27, 31 The Width of line is 29 (31-2=29).

This should be in high priority since it's always good to see millions of combinations filtered out safely!
Alcymart

Postby stan » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:02 pm

ticket numbers range filter - the difference of every 6 numbers is x to y
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Width of Line filter

Postby Bobes » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:46 pm

See EL →Filters→Ticket Numbers Range, pls
Bobes

Postby Alcymart » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:10 am

Of "every" numbers... I am talking about the specific width of line with highest and lowest number specifically. This is a very unique filter when setup in groups of widths in a 6/49 the distribution will yield similar results to this:

From-To Expected%

5-14 0.5%
15-20 3.0%
21-26 9.0%
27-32 18.5%
33-39 33.5%
40-46 31.9%
47-48 3.6%

The 1st 3 groups can be eliminated pretty safely thus in a 6/49, we are talking about over 6 million combinations gone in 1 click! The reason it eliminates so many tickets is because each combination is unique Stan. Range between numbers is ok, but not unique in that there are too many ranges between numbers.

I am only suggesting the best filters in a 6/49 Stan. By best filters , I mean one which can filter massively without affecting the jackpot ticket.

A congruence filter would also do the same and eliminate many tickets safely but width of line would be a fisrt step in the right direction.
Alcymart

Width of ticket filter

Postby daniel » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:48 am

Hi Alcymart,
This is what I use for a width of line filter.
Daniel
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
daniel

Width of Line Filter

Postby daniel » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:56 am

Here is a spreadsheet for a 6/49 lotto.
daniel
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
daniel

Postby Alcymart » Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:07 am

Thanks Daniel, but we cannot choose the difference between the highest number and lowest with this filter. Its all neighboring positions only. In fact I would see a width of line filter in stats with percentages and due, rank etc... which we could invoke filtering just like odds/even and high/low filters but instead of "from-to" it would show all possible differences thus 48 in a 6/49 with stats just like other filters and even go as far as customizing groups like number groups filter.

The filter you suggest is great but does not achieve to remove the very unique combinations I am talking about.
Alcymart

Postby Alcymart » Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:44 am

Oh and thanks for xls sheet...interesting!
Alcymart

Width of Line Filter

Postby daniel » Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:06 am

[quote=Alcymart] In fact I would see a width of line filter in stats with percentages and due, rank etc... which we could invoke filtering just like odds/even and high/low filters but instead of "from-to" it would show all possible differences thus 48 in a 6/49 with stats just like other filters and even go as far as customizing groups like number groups filter.
[/quote]

Invoking the filter from stats sounds like a good idea, then you could target an individual line width like sums, only with a greater hit rate as there are fewer catagories. In combination with a broad setting of the sum filter, you might end up with about the same reduction?
daniel
daniel

Postby Alcymart » Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:07 am

What needs to be understood is that each ticket has a signature and a width of line filter targets these "specific" signatures, it's not just filtering anything with number distances or ranges and such... it targets a specific signature and it can filter massively those signatures Here is an example:

Lets say we have:

1-??-??-??-??-45

This filter does not care about the missing numbers between the 1 and 45... it targets the value 44 because 45-1=44, and it targets these too...

2-??-??-??-??-46 (46-2=44)
3-??-??-??-??-47 (47-3=44)
4-??-??-??-??-48 (48-4=44)
5-??-??-??-??-49 (49-5=44)

...because they all have the same signature, how can such a filter not be usefull? There are useless combinations which can be filtered out. Have a look at your package ...this is what you see right away...

1-2-3-4-5-6
1-2-3-4-5-7
1-2-3-4-5-8
1-2-3-4-5-9
etc... etc...

This filter will get rid of them along with many other tickets that are less likely to be drawn including...

2-3-4-5-6-7
2-3-4-5-6-8
2-3-4-5-6-9
etc...etc...

Especially when the distribution in a 6/49 shows that values 5 - 26 are only drawn very rarely! The less tickets we have, better our odds which is why I suggest such a filter. It's just that kind of filter which can easily be added in a compound filter setup also. Nobody will regret it, and I really don't see this filter as a plugin. This filter is worth a million bucks and should be part of the next EL build. Watch and with value range 5-26 (Remove), you will see millions of tickets dissapear, tickets that are drawn rarely anyways. This filter achieves this by filtering signatures in tickets that are rarely drawn and no analysis is required...its hand off for us and filters massively. I am surprised EL doesn't have this filter yet. This would be just the tip of the iceberg as there is a signature with the highest and lowest number but there is also a signature between the 2nd highest and 2nd lowest numbers in a combination etc.

Its one of the filters I use to win which is in another software... it would be great to have this filter. There are other usefull filters but I stop only on those that do the best job with the less amount of coding possible.

If this filter is not added, I will need to use the "other" software for this. Expert Lotto should have all filters that exist and more. I'm just trying to help members here with good filters that are not present yet in EL and more options and eventually a black box to give predictions will mean more sales of EL and perhaps be the top selling software in a near future. this filter has no copyrights, its too simple to code for that.

I won't insist more, but I want to tell all that my odds are better than yours with this filter and play a role when I win and I win often!

I would like to also suggest a link in the help tab in EL to go directly to this board and beta plugin download page too. This would bring more guests to the board and again, more sales of EL seeing all the help they can get here.
Alcymart

Width of line filter

Postby Jerzy » Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:03 am

Hi Alcymart,

Width of line filter is a filter in LotWin software and what this filter does can be also done in EL using Ticket Number Range Filter (a bit confusing name). Even more confusing is the fact that Ticket Number Range Filter refers to "neighbouring numbers" while it actually calculates the difference between the last and first numbers (which are not neighbouring numbers) in the line.

I compared results using EL Ticket Number Range Filter (setting:The maximum difference of every 6 neighbouring numbers in the ticket is 21 to 44) and after that LotWin's Width of line filter (range 21- 44). The results of using those two distinct filters were identical: 7,718,700 ticket left (from 8,145,060 combinations possible in 6/45 lotto).

So actually width of line filter actually exists in EL, but it is hidden under a different name. However, I cannot see any statistics relevant for this filter. The Preview and Back Testing functions can compensate for that but only to some extent. If I want to check for width of line statistics I simply go to a different software. I understand its not easy to include in EL every imaginable feature and developers of this software have their plans and preferences.
Jerzy

Postby Alcymart » Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:16 am

Thanks Jerzy, I'll try it out as you say and compare results. This filter is also in Lotto Hat.
Alcymart

Postby Alcymart » Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:35 am

Jerzy, you're the man, you are right!
Alcymart

Width Repertoire

Postby Midas » Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:45 pm

Just to complete the loop, EL has the Position Number Range(Width) Filter which is exactly the same as (≈) Lotwin's "Spacing" Filter. There is nothing EL can't do in the width domain, these filters are totally configurable.

Regards
Midas
Midas

Postby Alcymart » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:50 am

Thanks Midas for this tip on spacing filters with EL
Alcymart

Return to Comments, suggestions, features requests