Is This Possible with the Match Numbers Filter?

Is This Possible with the Match Numbers Filter?

Postby Lottofool15 » Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:16 am

This is part of how I use the match numbers filter for the Lucky for Life lotto game. I create a package using the random selection to create 6 combinations of any 5 numbers 1-48 (with bonus ball just being 1 for each combination, since it doesn't need to be specific in this instance) with maximum overlap 0 (meaning all the the numbers 30 total from 6 combinations will all be different). I then copy this package into a match numbers filter and select a match count of 4.

Over time I've done this about 5000 times, because the more of these filters available for a given draw, the more likely at least one will have a notably large number of games skipped. I'm not sure how to do the math to get the max number of combinations, but it's surely a sizable amount.

This may be a long shot, but would there be a way to create every possible combination of match number filters (30 numbers out of 48 for each filter) all at once? It seems like you'd need some type of unique plugin to do this that isn't already available, but maybe I'm wrong? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.
Lottofool15

Re: Is This Possible with the Match Numbers Filter?

Postby tdnl46w » Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:19 am

Lottofool15 wrote:... I then copy this package into a match numbers filter and select a match count of 4.

Is this always from a random package selection? Can you give some more examples of the filter strategy results you need?
tdnl46w

Postby Lottofool15 » Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:58 pm

tdnl46w wrote:
Lottofool15 wrote:... I then copy this package into a match numbers filter and select a match count of 4.

Is this always from a random package selection? Can you give some more examples of the filter strategy results you need?

Thanks for the reply. It's always from a random package selection, since using a full wheel selection would just give the same numbers each time (and there's no overlap option for that). What I need for a given draw, is a match number filter with 30 random numbers, with a match count of 4. I can get that from the random selection of 6 combinations 30 of numbers in the package as mentioned in my post, and then copy the package's numbers and paste them into a match number filter.

The issue is that with 30 random numbers from a pool of 48 numbers, there's a lot of potential options, meaning 1000s of these match number filters can be made from random packages of 30 numbers. The more of these filters available, the better the chance at least one will be over 30 games skipped, with a decent chance to hit. If possible, I was hoping there might be some method that build all the possible match number filters at once, maybe similar to what's done with the Automation Build filters option. It seems like the only way to produce these type of specific filters is to make them one at a time.
Lottofool15

Postby tdnl46w » Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:37 am

Lottofool15 wrote: It's always from a random package selection

EL can only work with one package at a time. So it would need a plugin script/macro to auto-generate random packages. If a plugin did exist, one main issue is that some random number algorithms can be very unreliable towards certain number setups, statistics or have many repeats(etc.). This means the filtering results might vary a lot from what is actually being drawn in your lotto.

Lottofool15 wrote: The more of these filters available, the better the chance at least one will be over 30 games skipped, with a decent chance to hit.

With 30 numbers being random, and each filter with a match count of 4, then the strategy/method would be to setup a filter to accept tickets with Quads that haven't hit in 30+ draws. Is this similar to what you are looking for?
tdnl46w

Postby Lottofool15 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:54 am

Yeah I figured a specific plugin was necessary. If there was only a fairly small amount of repeats, though, it may not be so bad since they could be weeded out pretty easily in a custom analyzer.

I tried filtering quads that haven't hit in 30 draws. It seems to only eliminates about .5 percent of the package pool, whereas using one of the match 4 count 30 number match number filters eliminates about 71 percent of the package pool. I was hoping to create one of the match number filters that's 30 games skipped or more using the winning number analysis of quads, but couldn't figure it out.
Lottofool15

Postby tdnl46w » Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:39 pm

Lottofool15 wrote: I tried filtering quads that haven't hit in 30 draws. It seems to only eliminates about .5 percent of the package pool, whereas using one of the match 4 count 30 number match number filters eliminates about 71 percent of the package pool.

It only eliminates that much because any random matches would eventually cover all quads except the latest 30 draws quads(unless you are looking for draws besides the latest 30 draws?).
tdnl46w

Postby Lottofool15 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:25 am

The match number filter I use, in combination with some others, is useful because I'll eventually look at a package analysis, and with match 4 of 30 numbers, that leaves only match 1 of the remaining 18. This makes it easier to try and group the numbers in a way that will help narrow down the overall package pool. So, basically, just getting this match 4 filter right is important, so everything else falls into place with my strategy. I guess exactly how many quads in general have or haven't hit in a certain time frame isn't as relevant to the overall process I use for narrowing down the package pool.

With a count 4 match 30 match number filter, I guess I'm trying to find a combination of quads totaling 30 different numbers that haven't hit in around 30 draws or more. If I look at the quads in winning number analysis, I can see all the quads that haven't hit in 30 draws or more (depending on whether I set the interval to 30 latest draws or 40, etc) . As mentioned in the previous post, I was hoping I could make a count 4, match 30 number filter looking at the winning number analysis. But, trying to group 30 numbers together, that don't contain any quads from the previous 30 or more draws is difficult. Again as mentioned, maybe there's an effective way to do it looking at the quads analysis, but I'm not sure how. If I could figure this out, I wouldn't need to make so many of the match 4 filters from random packages of 6 combinations, hoping I have one on a given draw with 30 or more games skipped.
Lottofool15

Postby tdnl46w » Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:15 am

Lottofool15 wrote:As mentioned in the previous post, I was hoping I could make a count 4, match 30 number filter looking at the winning number analysis. But, trying to group 30 numbers together, that don't contain any quads from the previous 30 or more draws is difficult. Again as mentioned, maybe there's an effective way to do it looking at the quads analysis, but I'm not sure how.

The closest or alternative strategy I know for this, is to reject quads from the 30 latest draws. Then analyze the results using 'Ticket Numbers'. Sort the analyzed ticket numbers by 'Occurrence', then pick the top 30 number occurrences as a group to filter from. Depending on the number of quads you want in a ticket, it could eliminate up to 20+ million tickets from a full wheel.
tdnl46w

Postby Lottofool15 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:03 pm

You mean use package analysis to look at ticket numbers occurrence after using winning number analysis to reject the quads right? (just making sure). Assuming that's the case, I tried this out. Matching 5 of the top 31 eliminated about 90 percent, and matching 4 from the top 17 about 95 percent. It's not the same as making one of the 4 count match number filters, but it's something interesting to consider. Appreciate the suggestion. If I there's no way to do what I described in my previous post with quads and match number filters, its not a huge deal, but thanks for the overall input on this topic.
Lottofool15

Return to Tips + Tricks