Odd/Even Positions Filter enhancement

Odd/Even Positions Filter enhancement

Postby Falcon » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:28 pm

Hi Stan,

Like to suggest an enhancement to the Odd/Even Positions Filter.

Currently this filter derives its odd – even values directly off the draw history table. Thus if the lottery draw has 6 numbers there will be 6 positions to select as Odd or Even or if the lottery has some other draw numbers eg 7 there will be 7 positions to select.

So might this filter also derive its odd even values off say the History Sum Root table or the Number Distance table? Perhaps there are other tables as well that could also be used as a data source for Odd Even selection.

If History Sum Root table was used as source data then the number of odd even positions would also need to reflect the total number of columns used to display the HSR data ie 11 columns.

Thinking a bit further perhaps these tables could be established in a similar way user defined Number Groups are set up.

thanks

falcon
Falcon

Re: Odd/Even Positions Filter enhancement

Postby stan » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:38 pm

I'm not sure I follow...
How would History sum root translate to 11 columns?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Falcon » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:14 am

Stan,

I was thinking along the lines that there may need to be a wizard in the process similar to that where you build Number Group Filters.

Thus when there are more parameters in your selected base than that in the drawn numbers from which you will gain your O/E values eg in History Root Sum and also say in Number Distance as in the Properties table - some sort of build process would be required as can be done in Number Groups.

falcon
Falcon

Postby stan » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:01 pm

Still not quite clear. It looks like it would need some complicated user interface, i.e. a lot of work...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Falcon » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:52 am

Hi Stan,

Currently Odd/Even Positions uses as its base the drawn numbers, thus the default number of O/E positions must be derived off the number of balls drawn in the lottery.

If we were to change the base from which O/E positions are derived eg History Sum Root then the default number of positions would be 11. If we were to use Number Distance as a base then the default number of positions would be number of drawn numbers + 1.

My suggestion was to have something like the Wizard used in Number Groups to allow one to select the number of default positions and to also select the base from which to derive ones O and E’s. Although if one could just select the base then perhaps the number of positions would automatically follow.

Possibly overly complicated to implement and if so avoid, otherwise remains a suggestion for possible implementation - one day.

thanks

falcon
Falcon

Postby stan » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:13 pm

Ok, I think I understand now. A wizard to build generic odd/even filter would be indeed a lot of work. But specialized filters for odd/even History values or other bases are quite possible.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Falcon » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:17 am

Thank you Stan,

What ever is easiest.

falcon
Falcon

Return to Comments, suggestions, feature requests