Simulation and My Estimates for Segment Combinations

Simulation and My Estimates for Segment Combinations

Postby Jerzy » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:55 pm

Stan,

Is it possible to implement a Simulation functionality for segment combinations which would be connected to My Estimates for Segment Combinations? Both would would be arranged similarly to the Simulation and My Estimates for Differences.

In the Simulation histogram (separate for each level) on the horizontal axis there would be segment combinations from 5-0-0 to 0-0-5 (21 of them) for 5/xy lottery or
from 6-0-0 to 0-0-6 (28 of them) for 6/xy lottery. The hight of vertical bars would be proportional to the occurrences of segment combinations in the package. In my 5/45 game the occurrences of segment combinations in full package can vary from 0.00% to approximately 22.00%.

It would be possible to select in the histogram a range of segment combinations for each level, for example, the range from 2-0-3 to 4-1-0 (it would include combinations 2-0-3,
2-1-2, 2-2-1, 2-3-0, 3-0-2, 3-1-1, 3-2-0, 4-0-1, 4-1-0), and transfer it to My Estimates, and later to the segment combination filter for all levels. It would be also possible to transfer single segment combinations to My Estimates.

In the segment combinations filter for all levels which would be included in My Estimates there would be an option: "At least x to y levels must pass" as well as a selectable option: "The segment combinations in a to b levels are from ..... to ....." with the possibility of adjusting the range of combinations (even the single combination range should be possible).

With such arrangement of Simulation/My Estimates it would be possible to reject a numer of combinations based on repeats from the latest drawing (enter all latest segment combinations in appropriate levels in the filter and specify how many levels should pass). In my game (5/45) when I use 76 levels there are repeats from previous drawing in 5 to 9 levels, most commonly in 9 levels, but of course I cannot predict in which levels the repeats would occur.

It would be possible to remove only the segment combinations with occurrences below 1.00%. When I filter 76 levels with the segment combinations filter available in the Analyzers and reject combinations with occurrences below 1.00%, it removes enormous number of tickets. Unfortunately, this approach can be successful only several times per year (but maybe it's a proper way to hit a jackpot).

Usually, several winning segment combinations in 76 levels have occurrences below 1.00%. New filter would give us the option "At least x to y levels must pass" to address this problem. Similarly, it would be possible to target the highest occurrences of segment combinations, for example, above 13% to 15%. Very often the winning segment combinations have the highest occurrences within a level, but not always. And sometimes 2 or 3 segment combinations within a level have exactly the same occurrences, but only one of them can be a winner.

Implementation of such filter could be difficult and might take time, but I believe it is worth doing.
Jerzy

Re: Simulation and My Estimates for Segment Combinations

Postby stan » Mon May 07, 2012 10:50 am

Jerzy wrote:Stan,

Is it possible to implement a Simulation functionality for segment combinations which would be connected to My Estimates for Segment Combinations? Both would would be arranged similarly to the Simulation and My Estimates for Differences.

In the Simulation histogram (separate for each level) on the horizontal axis there would be segment combinations from 5-0-0 to 0-0-5 (21 of them) for 5/xy lottery or
from 6-0-0 to 0-0-6 (28 of them) for 6/xy lottery. The hight of vertical bars would be proportional to the occurrences of segment combinations in the package. In my 5/45 game the occurrences of segment combinations in full package can vary from 0.00% to approximately 22.00%.

If you analyze segment combinations of past winning numbers you'll get exactly this kind of chart.

It would be possible to select in the histogram a range of segment combinations for each level, for example, the range from 2-0-3 to 4-1-0 (it would include combinations 2-0-3,
2-1-2, 2-2-1, 2-3-0, 3-0-2, 3-1-1, 3-2-0, 4-0-1, 4-1-0), and transfer it to My Estimates, and later to the segment combination filter for all levels. It would be also possible to transfer single segment combinations to My Estimates.

My Estimates window works with History sum/diff ranges only. So do you mean transferring the sum ranges as defined by the selected segment combination(s)?

In the segment combinations filter for all levels which would be included in My Estimates there would be an option: "At least x to y levels must pass" as well as a selectable option: "The segment combinations in a to b levels are from ..... to ....." with the possibility of adjusting the range of combinations (even the single combination range should be possible).

With such arrangement of Simulation/My Estimates it would be possible to reject a numer of combinations based on repeats from the latest drawing (enter all latest segment combinations in appropriate levels in the filter and specify how many levels should pass). In my game (5/45) when I use 76 levels there are repeats from previous drawing in 5 to 9 levels, most commonly in 9 levels, but of course I cannot predict in which levels the repeats would occur.

It would be possible to remove only the segment combinations with occurrences below 1.00%. When I filter 76 levels with the segment combinations filter available in the Analyzers and reject combinations with occurrences below 1.00%, it removes enormous number of tickets. Unfortunately, this approach can be successful only several times per year (but maybe it's a proper way to hit a jackpot).

Usually, several winning segment combinations in 76 levels have occurrences below 1.00%. New filter would give us the option "At least x to y levels must pass" to address this problem. Similarly, it would be possible to target the highest occurrences of segment combinations, for example, above 13% to 15%. Very often the winning segment combinations have the highest occurrences within a level, but not always. And sometimes 2 or 3 segment combinations within a level have exactly the same occurrences, but only one of them can be a winner.

Implementation of such filter could be difficult and might take time, but I believe it is worth doing.

Not sure I fully understand what you're proposing but wouldn't it be possible to use several Statistical filters for that?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Jerzy » Mon May 07, 2012 5:04 pm

Stan,

Working with the existing Segments Simulation and My Estimates starts by deciding how many numbers will be drawn from each segment. Next we activate simulation; the segment combinations are calculated and translated into sums or differences which appear as bars in the histogram. Then we can transfer selected ranges of sums/ differences into My Estimates and use the filter. That's a good approach.

However, my idea is a bit different. If we start from a different point, we may achieve a different result, and this different starting point is the frequency of segment combinations within a level. I am interested in frequency of segment combinations in the package within levels to be able to filter multple levels, with some levels passing and some levels being rejected. The package analyzer has segment combinations filter and this filter has statistics of segment occurrences. It is possible to filter on the basis of occurrences but only one level at a time and that's a limitation. That's why I posted this idea.

I wonder whether the segment combinations simulator could calculate the frequencies of all segment combinations in each level and display these frequencies in the histogram. There are 21 possible segment combinations in 5/xy game and 28 in 6/xy game. The bars in the histogram would represent frequencies of segment combinations, not differences/sums.

It should be possible to select and transfer one or more segment combinations from the simulator to My Estimates. I would prefer if the segment combinations appeared in My Estimates as segment combinations. If it is too difficult to implement, changing them to the differences, as it is in the existing simulator, would be OK.

I could use other filters to achieve similar results, but it would be necessary to do a lot of manual work to find and collect the freqencies of segment combinations that I want accept or reject.

Thank you for new Segment Patterns filter. It will expand the possibilities of filtering segment combinations, but I have not tried it yet.
Jerzy

Postby stan » Tue May 08, 2012 10:29 pm

Jerzy wrote:Stan,

Working with the existing Segments Simulation and My Estimates starts by deciding how many numbers will be drawn from each segment. Next we activate simulation; the segment combinations are calculated and translated into sums or differences which appear as bars in the histogram. Then we can transfer selected ranges of sums/ differences into My Estimates and use the filter. That's a good approach.

However, my idea is a bit different. If we start from a different point, we may achieve a different result, and this different starting point is the frequency of segment combinations within a level. I am interested in frequency of segment combinations in the package within levels to be able to filter multple levels, with some levels passing and some levels being rejected. The package analyzer has segment combinations filter and this filter has statistics of segment occurrences. It is possible to filter on the basis of occurrences but only one level at a time and that's a limitation. That's why I posted this idea.

I wonder whether the segment combinations simulator could calculate the frequencies of all segment combinations in each level and display these frequencies in the histogram. There are 21 possible segment combinations in 5/xy game and 28 in 6/xy game. The bars in the histogram would represent frequencies of segment combinations, not differences/sums.

It should be possible to select and transfer one or more segment combinations from the simulator to My Estimates. I would prefer if the segment combinations appeared in My Estimates as segment combinations. If it is too difficult to implement, changing them to the differences, as it is in the existing simulator, would be OK.

There are several problems with this approach:
- it isn't possible to select discrete values in segment combinations histogram, only a range of values
- I can't think of any practical way to display the selected combinations in the My Estimates window
- Each segment combination maps to several History sum/differences while all filters are based on continuous range of values...
But I like your idea. Please add it to Mantis tracker and I'll try to come up with something.

Thank you for new Segment Patterns filter. It will expand the possibilities of filtering segment combinations, but I have not tried it yet.

You should thank to Spy who sponsored that filter:)
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Jerzy » Wed May 09, 2012 5:45 am

Stan,

I will place my idea in Mantis tracker in general terms only. If you are interested in it, you will find a simple way of implementing it I suppose.
Jerzy

Postby Jerzy » Wed May 09, 2012 6:03 am

Spy,

Thank you Spy for coming up with Segment Patterns filter idea and for sponsoring its implementation.

I started experimenting with your filter using 1 latest draw only for clarity. The filter can be used in many ways. I suppose some ways of using it are still waiting to be discovered but I am already impressed with the filter's functionality and power.
Jerzy

Return to Comments, suggestions, feature requests