Who knows how to use the new statistics and filters?

Who knows how to use the new statistics and filters?

Postby Jerzy » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:51 pm

Stan,

Recently, you implemented Segment Rows, Segment Rows Breakdown, Vertical Segments and H/C Vertical Segments statistics and filters. Unfortunately, you did not include any information on how these statistics and filters work and how they should be used. And they are extremely complicated and difficult to understand and follow.

In Options --> Miscellaneous, there is the count setting for previous draws for numbers frequences, but when I change the setting, I cannot see any change in the resultant statistics. Why the count of previous draws is necessary or important for Vertical Segment statistics and filter? First of all, what is the Vertical Segment?

New statistics and filters are available, but people can feel excluded from using them, because new updates are very convoluted and there are no instructions how to use them. I am even unable to say whether new updates are good or unhelpful.

Can you give us an explanation as to how these new filters and statistics work and how they could be used?
Jerzy

Re: Who knows how to use the new statistics and filters?

Postby stan » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:40 pm

da80th requested those filters (and even paid to have some of them implemented). the filters are based on his ideas and strategies so i'd prefer him to describe them.

anyway, the filters are listed as 'experimental' which should be a hint that you might be looking at some far fetched ideas. when i and other expert lotto users agree that the new filters are mature and solid enough, i'll move them into regular build and write proper documentation for them.

i agree that there are a lot of new updates and no documentation. but that's why they're available as development builds only. then it's up to you whether you want to wait for documentation in official releases or whether you want to start experimenting straight away...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Da80th » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:59 pm

I think the name described the basic ideas of the filter-

Vertical Segment - filter base on the first column of numbers in the Latest History > Segmentation. In pick 5/39 lotto, normally just 2 to 3 numbers will occur in the first column of numbers. The Hot/Cold settings allow you to sort the numbers base on hot to cold, the default is 10 latest draw, I normally set at 7 or 8 for H/C. With H/C selected you filter out more numbers because the number are arrange more evenly compare to default setting (where numbers are sorted from low to high).

Segment Rows - this time you filter out row of numbers, normally only one or two numbers will occur per row, most row will get ZERO hits. So you should set 0 to 1 hit per row.

I will write more soon

Da80th
Da80th

Postby Jerzy » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:59 am

Thank you Stan for your answer.

And thank you Da80th for your explanation. Actually the Vertical Segments filter is very useful. I have not tried the H/C Vertical Segments filter yet.

Could you tell us more about the Segment Rows and Segment Rows Breakdown filter, please?
Jerzy

Return to Comments, suggestions, feature requests