Memory Suggestion

Memory Suggestion

Postby GzWnr » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:02 pm

Hi Stan,

I've been using ExpertLotto for a few months now and found the most frustrating thing, as a new user, was the rapid increase of memory to 396.4mb and then freezing. I altered the threads to 4 (Quad core) some time ago with not much difference.

I've looked at the previous posts from Franmotta etc to increase the "Heap memory usage: initial 32.0MB maximum 396.4MB" but have been unable to easily locate the config file to alter as administrator (I think the Java structures have changed since those early posts). Having said that,I have noticed in recent weeks, a definite improvement. Maybe that was due to your recent updates or the available plugins that I installed? I currently have 8gb RAM and want to increase to say, 2gb.

I'm sure that many others, including potential new users may have also been frustrated and lost interest in ExpertLotto :x
I don't think that it should be up to the user to go hunting and change config files.

My suggestion is to add a new field next to "Threads for long running tasks" in Options/Miscellaneous/Execution to change the config file and therefore increase the memory.

Kind regards
GzWnr

Re: Memory Suggestion

Postby tintan » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:52 am

And a change in EL for those who is using Excel 2016 !!
I have been looking into the log files from some filters and noticed they perform using Excel 2007 version!
Regards,
tintan
tintan

Postby stan » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:18 am

See this thread how to adjust memory settings: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2175
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby GzWnr » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:33 pm

Thanks Stan, fixed.