RESOLVED: comcast.net emails are bouncing back

RESOLVED: comcast.net emails are bouncing back

Postby stan » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:12 pm

for unknown reasons all emails that i send to comcast.net accounts are bouncing back.
if you have such an email account and need to contact me, please either use a private message in this forum or get a backup free email account, e.g. gmail.com, and email me from that account.

i apologize for inconvenience but the bounced emails just say they were in the queue for too long, no other error message or return code. you may also want to bring this issue up with your email provider.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Re: comcast.net emails are bouncing back

Postby Bobijohn » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:46 pm

Hi Stan

What I find most interesting is that the auto notifications from subscribed topics seem to come through fine. So have personal e-mails from you written to my private address several years ago - as far as I know.

Since we don't get the e-mails in the first place I don't have any technical information to give to Comcast. Perhaps you could forward a copy of the bounced e-mail to me under cover of a regular e-mail. That way I would have something concrete to send them. It might help. It may also help if others in this forum with the same problem were to do the same.

I am also taking the liberty of sending a copy of one of the auto notification e-mails with all the sending and routing parameters to "support@EL" for your perusal - For security reasons I did not want to publish that here. Perhaps you could make a comparison of these parameters with a bounced e-mail. You may also spot something which maybe causing the problem.

It would be nice to get this resolved.

Bobijohn
Bobijohn

Postby stan » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:10 pm

Bobijohn wrote:Hi Stan

What I find most interesting is that the auto notifications from subscribed topics seem to come through fine. So have personal e-mails from you written to my private address several years ago - as far as I know.

Since we don't get the e-mails in the first place I don't have any technical information to give to Comcast. Perhaps you could forward a copy of the bounced e-mail to me under cover of a regular e-mail.

will do

I am also taking the liberty of sending a copy of one of the auto notification e-mails with all the sending and routing parameters to "support@EL" for your perusal - For security reasons I did not want to publish that here. Perhaps you could make a comparison of these parameters with a bounced e-mail. You may also spot something which maybe causing the problem.

emails from this forum are sent by a php script function, regular emails are going through smtp server. that's the main difference.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Bobijohn » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:57 pm

Hi Stan

Got it. Thanks. Will correspond accordingly with Comcast.

Bobijohn

P.S. --> To other Comcast members. If you are also having this problem it may be helpful to do something similar.

Thanks.
Bobijohn

Postby MartinMan » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:19 pm

Bobijohn,
I have had the same problem with Comcast for 2 years.
I have contacted them Several times about it and they always say the same thing.
They don"t have or use blacklists.
When I tell them what is wrong, they go through the same bull about clearing the cache in my browser and send info on how to do it. But nothing worth while, and the problem still exists.
I wish we had another cable co. in our area, Comcast is the pits.

Regards,
Martin
MartinMan

Postby Bobijohn » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:34 am

Hi MartinMan,

Thank you for your response. I echo everything you have said. If I had an alternative cable ISP I would change in a heartbeat. I did drop their cable TV and went satelite.

Anyway, I am now trying to find "somebody" who knows "somebody" sufficiently high up to investigate the problem or, at least give me a straight answer.

Feel free to e-mail directly through this board if you feel so inclined.

For those reading this thread ---> the above applies to any other EL members that have a similar problem. Any suggestions or contacts would be welcome.

Just trying to keep the Board on topic (Lotto's) since this is an ISP problem.

Regards ----- Thanks all.

Bobijohn
Bobijohn

Postby Bobijohn » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:10 am

Hi Stan

I have just sent you an e-mail containing the detailed analysis performed by Comcast. It appears that the ball is now in your court.

Please advise if you need any further information. It would be appreciated if you could keep us appraised of progress at your end.

Thanks for your help in getting this resolved.

Bobijohn
Bobijohn

Postby stan » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:46 am

Bobijohn wrote:Hi Stan

I have just sent you an e-mail containing the detailed analysis performed by Comcast. It appears that the ball is now in your court.

Please advise if you need any further information. It would be appreciated if you could keep us appraised of progress at your end.

Thanks for your help in getting this resolved.

Bobijohn

thank you very much for your help. i'm discussing it with our ISP. at the moment they don't seem to be very cooperative. in the worst case, we'll change our internet provider.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Bobijohn » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:41 pm

Hi Stan,

Thanks for the feedback. Some additional information has been e-mailed to you. It may be helpful.

Good Luck!!

Bobijohn.
Bobijohn

Re: RESOLVED: comcast.net emails are bouncing back

Postby stan » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:37 pm

as of today all emails from expertlotto.com domain sent to @comcast.net should be delivered fine. please let me know if there are still any problems with email deliveries.

bobijohn, many thanks for your help with this issue!
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Re: RESOLVED: comcast.net emails are bouncing back

Postby MartinMan » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:11 pm

Thanks, that will be nice. I had No luck at all with Comcast.
Much appreciated, Bobijohn and Stan.

Regards,
Martin
MartinMan

Return to News + Announcements